I am so proud of myself tonight! I fixed chili for dinner using my own chili mix. Chili for a chilly night like this!
– 1lb ground turkey
– 1 can red kidney beans
– 1 can black beans
– 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
– 1 onion, minced
– garlic, minced
– 2 tbsp olive oil
Optional – salt and ground pepper
For the Chili Mix (combine in a bowl)
– chili powder
– ground cumin
– dried oregano
– pepper flakes
* the first three are of equal parts (3tbsp of each), the rest depends on your preferences
– Brown turkey meat in medium high heat.
– Add olive oil. Add minced garlic and onions.
– Stir in combined chili mix powder, beans and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat and simmer for 10 more minutes.
– Serve with toppings (shredded cheese, sourcream, etc.)