I have been fixing this dish for quite a while now and I keep forgetting to post the recipe here. So after bringing some to work yesterday, a few of my co-workers had requested for the recipe as well as the brand of the ingredients I use. Here you go!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion (I prefer the Vidalia kind)
- ½ can of Green Curry Paste (I use Maesri brand – I can also fix my own curry paste but if I don’t have time to do it, I buy this brand)
- 1 can/400ml coconut cream (Savoy brand – most recipes use coconut milk, but I come from the Bicol region known for its delicious dishes cooked in pure coconut cream so I always use cream instead of milk. Trust me food always tastes better with coconut cream!)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb shredded chicken breast (always better to season the chicken when you boil them)
- 1 ½ cups bok choy
- ½ cup snake beans (green beans is okay too)
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 4 kaffir lime leaves or ½ tsp grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a work or frying pan over medium heat. Add shredded chicken, onion and curry paste. Add the coconut cream and chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add green beans. After one minute, add the bokchoy, lime juice,lime rind and sugar. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Lastly, add the zucchini. Cover and let simmer for another minute. I add these last because they cook so fast and I don’t want to overcook them.
- Serve with steamed rice.
—P.S.– You can also turn this recipe into a vegetarian dish by using tofu and vegetable stock instead of chicken and chicken stock respectively.