It’s another beautiful day and let’s make it a muffin day. Better still, a vegan muffin day!
The original recipe is from The Simple Veganista, however the recipe below shows the ingredients I used to bake these delicious muffins.
- 1 3/4 cups flour (unbleached, all purpose ultragrain)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil (in liquid state)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic raw sugar
- 3 large organic bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. In a small bowl mix coconut oil, sugar and vanilla. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix briefly, set aside. Mash bananas, add to batter and mix until combined.
3. Spoon into a well-greased or paper lined muffin tin, fill each muffin about 2/3 – 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes. You can also do the toothpick test in the center of one muffin, if it comes out clean it’s ready. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 min.
For this batch, I made three kinds of muffins – regular banana, chocolate chips and cinnamon sprinkled. Yum!
“Learn how to cook–try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!” ~ Julia Child, My Life in France