Aside from making zucchini lasagna for the first time tonight, I also made breakfast casserole which we ended up eating for dinner as well. Both dishes turned out good and I have to say, I’m already liking this ketogenic diet.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup portabello mushroom, sliced
- turkey sausage, sliced
- 6 pcs turkey bacon, cut
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- chili flakes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place cauliflower and broccoli florets along with red and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion on baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes, until soft.
- While the veggies are cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the turkey sausage and brown it. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, chili flakes and season to taste. Mix well with baked veggies.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs; add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add meat mixture to a 4×8-inch casserole dish. Add the eggs and mix well. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle. Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Paleo Grubs
“We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.” – Anna Thomas