Fact: I love banana bread. Who doesn’t anyway?
Since Tashi and I had started on ketogenic diet in December, we have been good in staying away from food high in carbohyrdates. Thankfully, it’s not so difficult to find low-carb recipes. I utilize the free information provided by the internet and has been fortunate in finding recipes shared by people who are also on the same diet.
Here’s the recipe of low-carb banana bread as shared by Radiant Life:
- 3 ripe bananas, organic, mashed
- 1/3 c grass-fed butter or extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 6 eggs (preferably pastured)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 c organic coconut flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp pure baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 c sprouted nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease one loaf pan.
- In a medium size bowl combine bananas and melted butter, mixing thoroughly. Add eggs, honey and vanilla. Whisk until eggs are combined.
- In a small bowl add remaining dry ingredients, stirring lightly. Combine with wet ingredients, add in nuts and stir.
- Transfer batter to greased pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Bread is complete when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove bread from oven and allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes until transferring to wire racks to continue cooling.
“Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; and good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts.” – James Beard