Tashi had lost 19 pounds since December, woot! This ketogenic diet is working for both of us. I did not track my weight when I started on this diet three months ago, so I don’t know how much I’ve lost but what I can tell you is I am back to wearing size zero clothes. I am happy that this diet has also kept me disciplined in my sugar intake. The best part is we still eat a lot, we are just more aware of what we eat – less carbs, more protein and healthy fat. And yes, we have a cheat day too, which we sometimes take, like yesterday was my nacho/chip day.
My friends have been asking me to keep posting my recipes. I’m glad you guys are interested in going ketogenic too!
Here’s my recipe for the Black Bean Enchilada we had for dinner last Thursday. Very easy!
- 1 can, 15 oz Eden organic black beans
- 1 bottle, 16 oz organic hot salsa – I used Wild Oats brand, but always better if you can make your own salsa
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 small red/green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Paleo wraps by Julian Bakery
- 1/2 cup green or red salsa
- 1/2 cup extra cheese, pepper jack or cheddar
- 1 avocado
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first five ingredients. Add cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Lay your paleo wraps on a cutting board or plate. Spoon about two heaping tablespoons of filling into each wrap and roll-up. Sprinkle cheese on top. Pour a tablespoon of green or red salsa on top. Bake for another 5 minutes.
You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food. – Paul Prudhomme