This is actually the second time I fixed this recipe. It’s been four months now that I have avoided eating starchy food and I wanted to stick to it so I fixed myself a bowl of low-carb risotto today.
You would have known by now that most of the food I prepare are easy and cook fast. This is one of them.
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1.5 lbs portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until ‘rice’ forms. You can also use a cheese grater.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook mushrooms until tender.
- Add onion, garlic and cauliflower. Add vegetable/chicken stock and cook until tender.
- Add heavy cream, chopped parsley and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
“The healthy man is the thin man. But you don’t need to go hungry for it: Remove the flours, starches and sugars; that’s all.”
― Samael Aun Weor