Per Tashi’s request, I fixed something vegetarian for his lunch today. This turned out to be really good and I wish you’d also try making these quesadillas.
- 1 medium sized tortilla
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 avocado, sprinkled with sea salt
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons (medium) salsa
- In a small bowl combine spinach, sour cream and salsa, stir lightly to coat.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, spray lightly with cooking spray (preferably olive oil).
- Assemble quesadilla by sprinkling shredded cheese on half of the tortilla shell, topped by the sliced and salted avocado.
- Heat quesadilla in skillet until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly browned.
- When ready to serve spread spinach mixture on tortilla, fold over and serve.
Note: For this recipe, I used Rudi’s gluten free tortillas, Mexican blend shredded cheese, power greens (baby chard, kale, and spinach).
I also made Tashi lemon-cucumber flavored water. Happy tummy!
Original recipe source: www.maebells.com
“Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” —A lan D. Wolfelt