Tashi requested for something vegetarian again for his dinner so I made him these delicious grilled vegetables and hummus flatbread wraps. Versatile and easy to make, I hope you like them as much as Tashi did.
- 1/2 cup power greens (baby chard, kale and spinach)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red/green bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 cup hummus (I used cucumber/dill hummus for this recipe)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- choice of herbs – rosemary/basil/parsley
- Heat skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Brush onion, bell pepper, and zucchini with olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet/grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine power greens in a bowl, remaining olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place the flatbread on grill for approximately one minute, or until pliable.
- Spread hummus over flatbread, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Top with avocado, grilled vegetables and power greens. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up wraps, and cut diagonally in half.