Third time to make tortilla/wraps for Tashi this week. This time it’s black bean veggie burrito for lunch.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot (I used frozen carrots)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes ( I used canned tomatoes)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp nonfat sour cream
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla wraps
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil. Warm in oven.
- Combine onion and oil in large nonstick skillet. Stir over medium-high heat until onion is golden. Add cumin and chili powder. Add bell pepper, corn and carrot. Sauté until almost tender. Add beans and tomatoes. Simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place warm tortillas on work surface. Spoon filling down center. Top with avocado, cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Fold sides of tortillas over filling, forming packages. Turn each package, seam side down, onto plate. Cut diagonally.
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien