Per Tashi’s request, I made vegetable casserole for tonight and tomorrow’s Christmas lunch/dinner. This actually turned out good even though I only used crumbled onion rings as toppings instead of French Fried Onions.
- 1 can Campbells® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar cheese)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups vegetable blend (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans), cooked and drained
- 2 cans French’s® French Fried Onions – (I didn’t have this on hand by the time I fixed this dish, so I used onion rings as toppings)
- ground black pepper
- Combine cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup cheese, sour cream, black pepper, cooked vegetables and 1 can onions in a baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the vegetable mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and remaining 1 can onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Note – You can always substitute/use your favorite vegetables for this casserole. The best part is, it’s ready in less than an hour.
“Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” – Alan D Wolfelt