You all probably have noticed by now that for every recipe I post here, every dish is mainly prepared for Tashi. Yes, I cook mainly for Tashi and for friends. In fact, as I write this blog, I am boiling chicken for a pan of pansit that I promised to bring for a friend at work tomorrow. This recipe is different though because it’s been awhile now that I have been wanting to make Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Yes! I cooked this dish for me (and of course, Tashi)! When I first heard about this recipe, I knew I would want to give it a shot. It sounded so good and I wasn’t disappointed. As always, a simple dish packed with flavor and very easy to make. Here you go.
- 3 – 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning (split into two parts)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (I actually used half and half)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (julienne cut)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- crushed red chili pepper flakes
1. Set the Instant Pot to sauté and allow to heat. Add oil or butter.
2. Add chicken thighs. Season with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper. Brown both sides of the chicken for about three minutes on each side.
3. Add the chicken broth, milk/half and half, and the remaining 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning. Put the lid on and cook on manual/pressure cook setting for 15 minutes. Make sure the valve is turned to “sealing.” At the end of 15 minutes, release the vent valve. (For this recipe, I let the Instant Pot release naturally).
4. Remove the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot and set aside.
5. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, cream cheese, whipping cream, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, and spinach. Set the Instant Pot to sauté function. Cook for five minutes or until the cream cheese had melted and the spinach had wilted.
6. You can either put the chicken thighs back into the Instant Pot or put them in a serving dish and pour the creamy sauce over the meat. Serve with cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles or any steamed vegetables of your choice.
Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious. – Ruth Reichl