I made this dish for Tashi last Sunday. When I asked him if he’d want some lemon chicken for lunch I know that his answer would be yes simply because he loves lemons. This is the first time I fixed this dish and I am glad it turned out good and by using the Instant Pot, I was able to fix this dish in less than an hour.
- 3 – 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- a pinch of dried thyme
- a pinch of dried basil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Set the Instant Pot to sauté and allow to heat. Add butter.
2. Add chicken thighs. Season with paprika, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Brown both sides of the chicken for about three minutes on each side.
3. Add the chicken broth and garlic then stir in the lemon juice, and lemon zest. Put the lid on and cook on manual/high pressure cook setting for 10 minutes. Make sure the valve is turned to “sealing.” At the end of 10 minutes, allow for another ten minutes of natural pressure release.
4. Remove the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot and set aside.
5. Add the heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and shredded Parmesan cheese. Set the Instant Pot to sauté function. Cook for five minutes or until the cream cheese had melted.
6. Put the chicken thighs back into the Instant Pot or transfer them to a serving platter and pour the creamy sauce over the meat. Serve with rice, cauliflower rice, or any steamed vegetables of your choice. Garnish with fresh parsley and sliced lemons.
“Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.”